Tempeh Crumble Italian "Sausage"
This is an AWESOME pizza topper recipe. Make this when you've got some time on your hands and really want to elevate your homemade pizza to the next level. In a hurry? No problem. Simply skip this whole recipe and sprinkle the tempeh crumble right on top of your pizza before you bake it. No Italian sausage-style seasoning required!
- 1 Package of Henry's Tempeh Crumble
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 Teaspoons paprika
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne optional
- 1 Teaspoon oregano, ground
- 1 Teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black, pepper
- 2 Teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Teaspoons neutral oil divided
- 2 Medium Portobello mushrooms grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Crumble tempeh crumble into a bowl and add the ground fennel, ground coriander, paprika, cayenne, oregano, basil leaves, and black pepper
- Mix with a spoon or potato masher until well combined
- Heat a well-seasoned frying pan on medium heat, add 1 tsp oil
- Add grated mushrooms to your pan, saute for 4 minutes
- Add the tempeh crumble mixture, stir, and saute for 1 minute
- Transfer mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes
- Take the mixture out of the oven, stir and bake for another 5 minutes
- Remove and sprinkle overtop of two large sized pizzas before you bake them
- Bake pizzas according to instructions.