We are a growing business! If you are interested in joining our team, please look below for current job openings, or send us a resume! Tell us about your self and what you may have to offer; and we’ll write back.
Benefits to working at Henry’s Tempeh include: Benefits package, starting wage set to Waterloo Region living wage (we are a living wage certified business), yearly minimum raises tied to the rate of inflation (and beyond when possible), flexible scheduling, focus on health and safety, fun and dedicated team, rotating tasks, amazing food to take home and eat, and most importantly, cat lovers.
Job Title: Food Processing Team Member (full time; part time available)
Start Date: August/September 2022
- Work within a commercial food processing facility to make organic, fermented Tempeh using soybeans.
- Handle raw and pasteurized ingredients
- Operate industrial oven, kettle, and packaging machines
- Monitor processes and anticipate next actions as required with the team
- Clean & sanitize equipment at the end of each shift or as needed in accordance with established sanitation standard operation procedures
- Work closely with fellow team members by multi-tasking and inter-changing roles as the production process requires
- Record data on specified record documents throughout day
- Notify the appropriate team member when deviations/issues in the production facility occur
- Adhere to all food safety and health and safety policies and procedures
- Nature of work:
- This is a small manufacturing environment; will be working with a small team in a spaced-out facility
- Fast paced & physically-intensive environment with repetitive tasks
- Some heavy lifting throughout the process
- Exposure to hot and humid environment in the processing facility
- Rewarding process; make a great and healthy food from beginning to end and also get to enjoy it for yourself when the day is done
- Food handling experience an asset
- Previous food industry experience an asset
- Current First Aid and Safe Food Handling certificate an asset
- Ability to follow all food safety and production related procedures
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing work environment
- All equipment and food safety training to be provided for the successful candidate, previous experience an asset but not required
Hours: Full time: 30-44 hours per week; part time: 16-24 hours per week
Wages: $18.00 – $20.50 per hour starting wage depending on experience; our policies of employment include guaranteed minimum raises tied to the annual rate of inflation, as well as performance raises, and overall company success.
Benefits: Extended health and dental benefits provided after a probationary period of 3 months.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send a cover letter; if you would like to tell us more about yourself, feel free to include that information in your email to us.
Henry’s Tempeh is an equal opportunity employer. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we provide the same opportunities for hiring, advancement and benefits to everyone without discriminating due to characteristics such as race, ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, or status as an individual with a disability. We work to eliminate inherent biases in our processes proactively through consultation with employees and individuals who have been traditionally silenced and discriminated against in institutional processes. Come as you are! Our differences are what make us stronger.