We are a growing business! If you are interested in joining our team, please look below for current job openings, or send us a resume! Tell us about your self and what you may have to offer; and we’ll write back.
Benefits to working at Henry’s Tempeh include: Benefits package, starting wage set to Waterloo Region living wage (we are a living wage certified business), yearly minimum raises tied to the rate of inflation (and beyond when possible), flexible scheduling, focus on health and safety, fun and dedicated team, rotating tasks, amazing food to take home and eat, and most importantly, cat lovers.
Job Title: Food Processing Team Member (part time)
Start Date: Training as soon as possible; flexible
- Work within a commercial food processing facility to make organic, fermented Tempeh using soybeans. Handle raw and cooked ingredients
- Operate industrial oven, kettle and packaging machines
- Clean & maintain work space adhering to strict food safety standards
- Work closely with fellow team members by multi-tasking and inter-changing roles as the production process requires. All equipment and food safety training to be provided for the successful candidate, previous experience an asset but not required.
Nature of work:
- This is a small shop environment; will be working in a team of 3 people in a spaced-out facility
- Fast paced & labour-intensive environment with repetitive tasks
- Some heavy lifting throughout the process
- A hot and humid climate in the processing facility, this is at times a sweaty and hot job
- Rewarding process; make a great and healthy food from beginning to end and also get to enjoy it for yourself when the day is done
- Food handling experience an asset and is required to achieve if hired
- Previous food industry experience as asset but not required
Hours: 8-15 hours per week to start; we are expecting more hours to become available should they be desirable for candidate
Wages: $18.00 per hour starting wage; our policies of employment include guaranteed minimum raises tied to the annual rate of inflation, as well as performance raises, and overall company success.
Benefits package: Offered after probationary period and if 24 hours per week reached
Please send resumes to email@example.com. Please do not send a cover letter; if you would like to tell us more about yourself, feel free to include in your email to us.