Henry’s Grilled Orange Ginger Tempeh
A perfect recipe for the grill, cook it golden brown and impress everyone with this hearty and wonderfully flavourful dish!
- 1 package Henry's Soy Original Tempeh (250g)
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish Optional
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp tamari
- 1" piece ginger very finely minced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice, with pulp (Can also use juice of 1/2 fresh orange or 2 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- red chili flakes, to taste Optional
- Cut the tempeh into slices, between 0.25 – 0.5 inch thick.
- Steam or poach the tempeh for 2-3 minutes. (to poach, simmer the tempeh in just enough water to cover.)
- Remove the tempeh from the hot water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients until they are well mixed
- Add the tempeh slices to the marinade, stir gently to coat.
- Allow the tempeh to marinate for at least 30 minutes. You can also keep the marinating tempeh in the fridge for up to 2 days. The longer you marinate the tempeh, the more flavour it will absorb.
- Cook the tempeh on a hot grill, basting a couple times. Turn once to grill on both sides. Be sure to reserve a few tablespoons of the marinade!
- When the tempeh is golden brown on each side, remove from heat.
- Drizzle the last of the marinade over the tempeh and sprinkle sesame seeds on top (if using). Serve immediately.