A meatless but protein packed pasta sauce has never been easier. Make it often, make it quick, and make enough for the week!
As always, gluten-free, vegan, nutritious and delicious!
Henry’s Tempeh Pasta Sauce
Our savory Tempeh Pasta Sauce recipe works best when matched with our Soy Basil Tempeh. No food processor required, just simply crumble the tempeh with your hands and you are ready to go.
- 1 package soy basil tempeh
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 cooking onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 jar home made or store bought pasta sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the block of tempeh into 4-6 pieces
- Steam or poach the tempeh pieces for 3-5 minutes. (To poach, simmer just enough water to cover the tempeh) Remove from hot water and set aside.
- Wait for tempeh to cool, then crumble with your hands into a bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the minced onion and crumbled tempeh. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and continue to sauté until the crumble is golden brown.
- Add the basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Add your favourite tomato sauce and cook until heated through.
- Serve over cooked pasta. For extra flair you can garnish with fresh basil and pepper.