A perfect recipe for the grill, cook it golden brown and impress everyone with this hearty and wonderfully flavourful dish!
1 package of Henry’s Soy Red Pepper Tempeh (250 g)
2 tbsps maple syrup
4 tbsps tamari
1” piece of ginger, very finely minced
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Juice of ½ fresh orange with pulp / ¼ cup orange juice / 2 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
2 tbsp sesame oil
Optional red chilli flakes to taste
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Cut tempeh into slices, between ¼ inch and ½ inch thick.
- Steam or poach for 2-3 minutes (to poach, simmer tempeh in just enough water to cover), and then remove from hot water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk or stir all marinade ingredients together till they are well mixed.
Add tempeh slices to the marinade and stir gently to coat.
- Allow tempeh to marinate for at least half an hour. You can also keep the marinating tempeh in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Cook on a hot grill, basting a couple times. Turn once to cook on both sides. (Alternately, bake in the oven at 375°F or fry in a pan.) Reserve a few tablespoons of the marinade.
- When tempeh is golden-brown on both sides, take off heat. Drizzle the last spoons of marinade over the tempeh, and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Serve immediately.