Our savory Tempeh Pasta Sauce recipe works best when matched with our Soy Basil Tempeh. No food processor required, just simply crumble the tempeh with your hands and you are ready to go. A meat-less but protein packed pasta sauce has never been easier. Make it often, make it quick, and make enough for the week!
1 package of Henry’s Soy Basil Tempeh (250 g)
2-3 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
Homemade or store-bought tomato pasta sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the block of tempeh into 4-6 pieces.
- (Optional) Steam or poach for 2-3 minutes (to poach, simmer tempeh in just enough water to cover), and then remove from hot water and set aside.
- Wait for tempeh to cool, and then crumble with your hands into a bowl.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan on the stove. When hot, add minced onion and tempeh crumbles. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add minced garlic. Continue to sauté till golden brown.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Add your favourite tomato sauce to the tempeh mix and cook or heat through.
- Serve over cooked pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and pepper.
Optional: Add mushrooms or finely chopped spinach to the sauce.