Try our new delicious recipe with cubed chunks of tempeh flavoured with all sorts of goodness (like garlic, miso, ginger, maple syrup and of course, Sriracha!).
1 package of Henry’s Tempeh (250 g)
Oil for frying
2 cloves garlic
½” piece of ginger
2 green onions
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp miso
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro, or more to taste
Sriracha to taste
Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Cut tempeh into ½” cubes
- (Optional) Steam or poach for 2-3 minutes. Remove from water and set aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsps of oil in a wok. When the oil is hot, add tempeh. Stir-fry, gently stirring occasionally, till tempeh is golden-brown.
- While the tempeh is frying, blend together all other ingredients except the sesame seeds in a food processor till you have a thick paste (it can be chunky!).
- Add paste to the wok. Stir to coat the tempeh cubes, and cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and minced green onion.